1/1 Photo of Jack's Three Berry Ravioli With Berry Compote
Kiro Sushi's Note:
We recently got a new pasta maker and our young DS asked if we could make dessert with it. After a few ideas got thrown around we came up with this recipe. It takes a bit of prep work (making your own pasta) but the result is fantastic. - One for those berry lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g strong white flour (or bakers flour)
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup berries (sieved, just the liquid)
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 125 g mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped) or 1/4 cup & almonds (chopped)
- 1/4 cup strawberry (small diced)
- 1/4 cup blueberries (halve large ones)
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries (thawed)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup strawberry
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3To make ravioli, combine ingredients until it forms dry, spring dough. Run through a pasta machine, and make into sheets. Allow to air dry. Use flour to keep the dough dry and not stick together.
- 5Combine ricotta and mascarpone mixing through the walnuts. Fold through the berries and nutmeg.
- 6Place small spoonfuls of the filling on one sheet of pasta, spacing out at least 4cm apart. Brush beaten egg around the outside of filling. Place a another sheet of pasta on top of fillings. Press down pasta so it sticks where the beaten egg was placed. Cut out with a pastry/ravioli cutter.
- 7Cook each piece in boiling water for approx 3-5 minutes (use a a big pot and do 4-7 at one time).
- 9(Can do before cooking ravioli) Heat water and sugar in saucepan to make syrup. Add lemon juice and berries to syrup and cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan to cover berries in syrup. Add butter and continue to cook gently swirling berries and butter until butter is melted.
- 11Place require amount of ravioli on plate. Put berry Syrup and berries over pasta. Serve with ice cream or cream & dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack's Three Berry Ravioli With Berry Compote
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.9 mg
- Sodium 104.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: