We recently got a new pasta maker and our young DS asked if we could make dessert with it. After a few ideas got thrown around we came up with this recipe. It takes a bit of prep work (making your own pasta) but the result is fantastic. - One for those berry lovers.
- 150 g strong white flour (or bakers flour)
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup berries (sieved, just the liquid)
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 125 g mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped) or 1⁄4 cup & almonds (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry (small diced)
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries (halve large ones)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen raspberries (thawed)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- To make ravioli, combine ingredients until it forms dry, spring dough. Run through a pasta machine, and make into sheets. Allow to air dry. Use flour to keep the dough dry and not stick together.
- Combine ricotta and mascarpone mixing through the walnuts. Fold through the berries and nutmeg.
- Place small spoonfuls of the filling on one sheet of pasta, spacing out at least 4cm apart. Brush beaten egg around the outside of filling. Place a another sheet of pasta on top of fillings. Press down pasta so it sticks where the beaten egg was placed. Cut out with a pastry/ravioli cutter.
- Cook each piece in boiling water for approx 3-5 minutes (use a a big pot and do 4-7 at one time).
- (Can do before cooking ravioli) Heat water and sugar in saucepan to make syrup. Add lemon juice and berries to syrup and cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan to cover berries in syrup. Add butter and continue to cook gently swirling berries and butter until butter is melted.
- Place require amount of ravioli on plate. Put berry Syrup and berries over pasta. Serve with ice cream or cream & dust with icing sugar.