Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Yummy Yummy Yummy - What more can I say. This is delicious, you wont regret going to the trouble of making it. The sauce is thick and creamy, the taste is hard to describe, it is unique and very good. You can just barely taste the Jack Daniels but it would not be the same without it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallots or 4 tablespoons scallions
- 1⁄2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons tarragon
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Saute chicken breasts in butter (approx 7 minutes per side); wrap in foil and keep warm in 350* oven.
- Saute shallots.
- Add Jack Daniels and light with a match, flame will be high, let flame die down.
- Add broth and tarragon.
- Fast boil, uncovered, until sauce reduces to thick syrupy glaze (this takes longer than you think, approx 25 mins).
- Add lemon juice and cream; simmer until thickened (approx 15 mins).
- Put chicken breasts into sauce to coat.
- Serve with pasta or rice to utilize the yummy sauce.
- (I serve it with Penne Pasta and just toss the pasta in with the chicken and the sauce).
My son-in-law is a JD "squire" and suggested this recipe. I almost burned down the house but the results were nothing short of fabulous! I served it over steamed white rice with a side vegetable of fresh corn, grape tomatoes, and zucchini sauted in garlic and olive oil and a salad. You do need more time than you think to reduce the sauce. Let it get almost sticky before you add back the chicken, which will have juices to thin it. This will certify you as a real chef - just in case you aren't already. And do serve JD Old Fashions beforehand. Who needs wine when you have Jack?
This was delicious! I used chives instead of scallions (for lack of) and I added a little Jack while the cream mixture was simmering, EXCELLENT! Thanks for sharing.
Made this last night...OMG...it was incredible. Fabulous! Will be making it again soon. Thanks for such a great recipe.