Recipe by roblyn30
This Jambalaya is so good you think someone slaved over a caltron with a boat paddle all day!! This is some seriously good Mix that can make a small pot for a few up to a large pot for a large party. Add some salad and garlic bread and your set!!
- 8 ounces jambalaya creole mix, OAK GROVE SMOKEHOUSE
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausages or 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage
- 20 ounces unsalted chicken stock
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Debone the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Slice the sausage into bite size pieces.
- I usually use 2/3 the chicken pieces and ½ lb. sausage depending on how much meat you like in your jambalaya.
- Brown the sausage.
- Combine the sausage, chicken pieces, Jambalaya Mix and stock in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Stir, reduce heat and simmer, without stirring, 30 minutes.
- When water is absorbed and rice is tender, turn jambalaya lightly with spoon.
- Add salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
- TIP: For those lucky enough to live in the south to purchase this mix from Walmart or other Grocers.