Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is so easy, and so good. It is almost fat-free, except for the cheese. There is no oil--just a tad of water for steaming the veggies. I don't measure the veggies. I just put what I have, but because I must give measurements, this is about what I would use.
- 6 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice zucchini, green pepper, and onion and put in a large pot.
- Add the water (yes, very little--only enough to steam--the veggies will make their own steam.
- Cook covered on very low heat till all the veggies are done.
- Drain liquid as best you can.
- Add the tomato sauce and mix gently but well.
- Sprinkle cheese on top; cover till cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.