There's other soups like this on here that I've tried and ended up using parts of each of those recipes to make a combination that I like the best. I was attempting to make a copycat of my favorite soup from a great restaurant here in Utica, NY. I think I came really close to what I wanted and am posting it here so as not to lose it but if anyone tries it, I hope you like it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion and celery in olive oil till soft. Add garlic and saute another 5 minutes. Add broth and pepper.
- 2Bring to a boil and then simmer 5-10 minutes. Add beans and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Remove 2 large scoops (about 2 cups) of beans from the pot and set aside.
- 4With a slotted spoon remove the rest of the solids from the broth and puree in food processor. Put the puree and the reserved beans back into the broth.
- 5Put in the escarole and simmer 10-15 minutes. Add the cheese. Stir well.
- 6Add the pasta and cook on low for 10-15 minutes.
- 7Serve with salad and a great crusty garlic bread.
- 8Note: you can use northern beans instead of cannelini and I like to use parmesan/romano cheese for a stronger flavor.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian White Bean Soup With Escarole Combo
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 882.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 24.2 g