1/1 Photo of Italian Vegetable Soup
This is a great way to use up fresh garden zucchini if you've eaten enough of it fresh and need to mix it up a bit. I found this recipe from Taste of Home 30 Minute Cookbook, and I love it because a delicious lunch or dinner is done quickly. I used a spicy Italian sausage (which I think gives way more flavor) beef bouillion and red onion, but feel free to vary according to your palate. Recipe courtesy of Janet Frieman, Kenosha, Wisconsin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 3-quart saucepan, brown sausage and onion and drain.
- 2Stir in beans, tomatoes, broth, water, zucchini, and basil. Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- 4Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.7
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 1453.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 17.6 g