Recipe by Audrey M
A wonderfrul vegetarian side dish.
Top Review by drhousespcatcher
Very good with some minor tweaks to bring it to five star. The Tweaks: Several twists of fresh ground pepper, juice of 1 fresh lemon, 1 tbsp dried basil, 1 tbsp orgeano, optional: sprinkle of fat free mozzerlla cheese with the other cheese. Would take extremely well to Claypot cooking.
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh okra, cut into 1/2 inch pieces or 5 ounces packages frozen okra
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1 inch cubes (7 inches long)
- 1 medium eggplant, pared and,cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Save liquid.
- Mix together tomatoes and reserved liquid, onion, green beans, okra, green pepper, lemon juice, and herbs.
- Cover and bake at 325º F for 15 minutes.
- Mix in zucchini and eggplant and continue baking, covered, 60-70 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese just before serving.