Recipe by MidsummerNightSprite
A simple and satisfying soup. An easy, meatless weeknight meal or a perfect light lunch with salad. It comes together in under a half hour with ingredients that are probably already in your pantry.
- 709.77 ml chicken stock (can sub vegetable stock)
- 236.59 ml water
- 411.06 g canitalian style diced tomatoes with juice
- 439.41 g can great northern beans
- 255.14 g package cheese tortellini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 473.18 ml fresh spinach, torn
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, for finishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first six ingredients in a medium soup pot over medium/high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook tortellini the time listed on the package.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add spinach.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes or until spinach is tender.
- If desired drizzle each serving with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil.