Turkey Tortellini Soup
Hearty, filling, and very easy.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb turkey breast or 1 lb chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, fire-roasted preferred
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and carrot and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add turkey, chicken broth, tomatoes and tortellini to pan. Bring to a simmer, add basil, then cook 5-8 minutes, until turkey is cooked through.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more