Recipe by Andtototoo!
This is a nice salad to eat in the summer for a main meal. It can be a meal that both vegetarain and meat eaters can enjoy.
- 10 tomatoes, cut into smallish chunks
- 1⁄2 small red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- French bread
- provolone cheese, slice
- salami, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl put the tomatoes, red onion, green bell pepper, basil, oregano, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Diced mozzarella cheese can also be added if desired.
- Mix carefully so that the tomatoes don't get broken.
- Serve this with French, Italian or even garlic bread, and slices of salami and provolone cheese on the side.
- If serving the tomato salad with Mozzarella cheese, leave out the provolone cheese slices.