4 hrs 30 mins
Theresa P's Note:
Spicy, saucy sandwiches made in the crock pot. Perfect for football games, tailgates, pot lucks, or camping! Kinda like a meatball sub, but the ground beef/hot sausage is formed into a patty (like a burger). Serve in warm buns with some mozzarella or provolone cheese. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot pork sausage (such as Jimmy Dean brand)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine meat mixture and seasonings.
- 2Make into 10-12 thin patties and brown in frying pan until done.
- 3Combine sauce ingredients in crock pot.
- 4Add browned patties and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- 5Serve patties on buns with or without mozzarella or provolone cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tailgate Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.7
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 865.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: