Sassy Tailgate Sandwiches
These sandwiches are great for a tailgate or party. This recipe was a top winner in the Real Women of Philadelphia competition and published in Taste of Home. Plan ahead, they do have to stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Ready In:
- 12 hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 1 lb black forest ham, shaved
- 12 ounces gruyere cheese, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- Arrange bottoms of rolls in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Layer each roll evenly with ham and Gruyere cheese.
- Spread each roll top with cream cheese; place over Gruyere.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parmesan cheese, worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Pour over sandwiches; let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"These sandwiches are great for a tailgate or party. This recipe was a top winner in the Real Women of Philadelphia competition and published in Taste of Home. Plan ahead, they do have to stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes."
Join The Conversation
These are delicious! I substituted Swiss for the Gruyere, used shaved imported ham, and Savory Butter King's Hawaiian rolls as that is what I had on hand. I also used my own cream cheese mixture made with softened cream cheese, chopped scallions, dried chives, onion powder and garlic powder. After letting the assembled sandwiches sit in the refrigerator (covered) for about an hour, before baking, I sprinkled the tops of the buns with a mixture of dried onion flakes, poppy and sesame seeds. They baked, topped with sprayed foil, for 20 minutes. I then removed the foil and let them bake for another 8 minutes. They were not at all soggy. The sandwiches went over big and I will most definitely double the recipe next time I make these, and perhaps try other ingredients using this baking method.