Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this up with what I found in the kitchen and served it with Red Lentil spaghetti sauce (that recipe is in my Vegan, Gluten-Free and Very-Low-Sugar cookbook.) It was delicious and hearty and filling.
- 1 lb polenta, ready made, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- oil (for cooking)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup pumpkin or 1 cup acorn squash, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- Heat oil in a large fry pan. Cook the polenta 4 or 5 five minutes a side until firm and slightly crispy on the outside.
- In a large pan, I used a wok, heat about a tablespoon of oil and fry the onion for about 2 minutes. Add the squash or pumpkin and cook another 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper and carrot. Cook until the veggies begin to soften - 6 or 7 minutes.
- Add the spinach, leek and canned beans. Add the spices and heat through.
- Serve over the fried polenta slices with a dollop of Red Lentil, or other marinara type sauce.