Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This calls for canned tomatoes but I plan on using garden fresh ones!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash pepper
- Saute garlic in oil in a heavy skillet until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.