Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A modification of traditional Turkey stuffing to accompany a beef roast
Make and share this Italian-Style Bread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups stuffing cubes (unseasoned bread cubes for stuffing})
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or butter, if you prefer)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup beef broth
- Heat olive oil or butter in large pot at medium high heat.
- Stir in chopped onion, celery, and peppers and saute till onions are translucent.
- Add oregano, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Fold in bread cubes, tossing till other ingredients are evenly dispersed among the bread cubes.
- Slowly add beef broth as you toss the bread cubes, adding only enough broth to moisten the cubes to your taste (you don't want them to get soggy, just moist enough to clump together).
- Dump all ingredients into a 1 and 1/2 quart casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes. Serve as side dish for roast beef, pot roast, etc.