Jessica K's Note:
This looks like a really good fish recipe. This is from my Italian Cooking cookbook. Have not made yet, it's originally posted for the Zaar World tour contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless swordfish steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1Cut swordfish in half, remove any bones you see, and brush with 2 TB of olive oil. Refrigerate till ready to use.
- 2Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Make tomato sauce:.
- 4Heat the 2 tb olive oil in saucepan, over med heat. Add garlic and onion and cook till garlic is golden and onion is soft (careful not to burn garlic!)
- 5Stir in tomatoes, wine, oregano, and season with salt and pepper. cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minute If you want a smooth sauce blend or puree in a blender or food processor. If not leave it be.
- 6Combine bread crumbs, capers, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix well, to a make a paste like mixture.
- 7Place each swordfish steak between two pieces of wax paper and pound gently to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 8Place one-eighth of the bread-crumb mixture near one end of each piece of fish and roll it up as neatly as possible, tucking in the ends. Secure with toothpicks.
- 9Heat remaining 4 TB olive oil in ovenproof skillet/pan. Brown swordfish over medium-high heat. After 3-4 min pour tomato sauce over and place in oven and bake for 15 min, occasionally basting with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges and basil leaves.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Swordfish Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.7
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 357.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 30.2 g