Recipe by Audrey M
Has a robust flavor! Will become a family favorite.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Audrey,Now this is what I call real Honest to Goodness Italian Spaghetti Sauce!!!!!!This is the best I have ever made.I am sure it is the Italian sausage that makes it so good.The only thing I did different was to cook it on the stovetop instead of the crockpot,but the next time I will try it in the crockpot.Thank You For this GREAT recipe.Darlene
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancut up tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- hot cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is brown.
- Drain off fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir in cooked meat mixture.
- Place in 4 quart crock pot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.