Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I saw this on the food network. Haven't tried it but it looks yummy! Cook time is the freeze time.
- 25 amaretti cookies (or biscotti if you can't get the cookies)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cooled brewed espresso
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- With a blender or food processor, blend amaretto cookies or biscotti until fine. Add milk and butter to make moist and to form a crust. Line a loaf pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Press crust into bottom of pan. Place in fridge to keep cool.
- For the filling: in a large glass bowl, place 8 egg yolks, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup cooled espresso, pinch salt, and 2 tbsp marsala wine. Place a pot with 1/2-1 cup water on stove to boil. Once water is boiling, place your glass bowl on top of the pot of boiling water to cook the eggs. With an electric mixer, mix the ingredients in the bowl while it is cooking. Mix constantly until creamy, do not leave standing. Once the mixture is creamy remove from heat. Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and place your bowl with the filling on top of the ice cubes.
- In another bowl, add 1/3 cup whipping cream and whip with electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar and mix well with mixer.
- Fold in the whipped cream little by little to the other ingredients for the filling. Mix gently.
- Pour filling into the loaf pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
- To serve, unwrap and place on serving plate with crust side up. Keep cool.