Recipe by ShellyS
Awesome flavors with all my favorite ingredients. This came from the Hillshirefarm.com website, and it fills the bill as a wonderful comfort food, especially on cool days. Enjoy!
Top Review by Bay Haven Inn
My favorite style of recipe, one that I can play with! I added 2 huge, panfried (leftover) chicken breasts, cut into cubes, 4 small fresh sweet peppers, chicken broth, a can of italian stewed tomatoes, tomato juice (it was in the fridge, what's a girl to do?) and a teaspoon of minced garlic from the jar. Sweated the onion with the keilbasa and deglazed the pan with with a split (glass) of brut champagne. Tossed everything in the crock pot for about 3 hours. Just enough broth to almost cover. Awesome... I have a very happy roommate.
- 453.59 g packagehillshire farm smoked sausage, sliced (any variety)
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 793.78 g can tomatoes, chopped
- 828.06 ml hot water
- 236.59 ml pasta shells
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 510.29 g can kidney beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In large deep skillet or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, brown sausage and onions in oil, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, water, pasta, and boullion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add beans.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until pasta is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.