My family has been making this traditional Italian cookie for years. My family expects these every Christmas, but they are good anytime!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter and shortening.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, making a soft dough.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a long roll, about a 1/2-inch diameter; cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Roll each piece in sesame seeds.
- Place 1-inch apart on a baking seet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight containers.