The cheeses in this pie create a melt in your mouth filling. Recipe from Cindy Smithy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
For the Filling
- 1Preheat oven to 375° with rack in center. Prepare crust; In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- 2Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles cornmeal. With processor running, add eggs and process until dough comes together and forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- 3Transfer to a lightly floured work surface, and knead until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Prepare filling; In a large bowl, stir together ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, mozzarella, prosciutto, parsley, and pepper; set aside.
- 5Divide dough into 2 pieces, one slightly larger than the other. Roll larger piece into a 12-inch circle; gently transfer to a 9-inch glass pie dish.
- 6Place filling in pie plate and spread evenly; set aside.
- 7Roll remaining dough into a 9-by-9-inch square; cut into 1/2-inch wide strips. Using strips, form a lattice pattern over filling. Trim bottom crust, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Crimp edges to seal. Brush with egg, and bake until filling is firm, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Savory Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3602.7
- Calories from Fat 1942
- Total Fat 215.8 g
- Saturated Fat 124.9 g
- Cholesterol 1856.1 mg
- Sodium 2679.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 262.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 55.7 g
- Protein 150.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: