2 hrs 25 mins
Mainely Debbie's Note:
This is another family favorite soup for the long winter months that we have here in Maine. Easy to make and tastes better the next day.
My Private Note
Large S ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 lbs garlic cheese italian sausage
- 1 large onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more)
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) bag shredded carrots
- 2 (28 ounce) cans pastene kitchen ready canned tomatoes
- 3 small zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise, then sliced in about 1/2 inch slices
- 2 large green peppers, Sliced Into Small Pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- 1Remove the sausage from the casings.
- 2In a large stockpot brown the sausage in a little olive oil over medium high making sure to break them into pieces, when cooked remove and set aside.
- 3Add onion, garlic and green pepper, sauté until tender.
- 4Add sausage, chicken broth, carrots, Pastene tomatoes, cheese tortellini, garlic, basil and oregano to stockpot.
- 5Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered for about 2 hours until tortellini are cooked.
- 6Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired along with italian bread to slop up the broth.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage & Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (5647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1053.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11445.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.9 g
- Sugars 82.9 g
- Protein 82.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated cheese tortellini
garlic cheese italian sausage