1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Delicious! Nothing more to say. I got this recipe from another site, but have modified it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley or 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 8 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- fresh grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1Brown sausage in a dutch oven. Remove sausage and drain, reserving 1 T. of the drippings.
- 2Sauté onion and garlic in drippings. Stir in broth, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, carrots, basil, oregano, wine and sausage.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Skim fat from soup and stir in zucchini and parsley. Continue simmering for 30 more minutes, adding tortellini for last 10 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle each serving with fresh grated parmesan.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 1564.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 23.3 g