Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
Delicious! Nothing more to say. I got this recipe from another site, but have modified it.
Make and share this Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley or 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- 8 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- fresh grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Brown sausage in a dutch oven. Remove sausage and drain, reserving 1 T. of the drippings.
- Sauté onion and garlic in drippings. Stir in broth, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, carrots, basil, oregano, wine and sausage.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Skim fat from soup and stir in zucchini and parsley. Continue simmering for 30 more minutes, adding tortellini for last 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with fresh grated parmesan.