1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Quiche Cups
Flavorful Italian sausage and onion topped with a cloud of creamy cheesy quiche flavored with basil and surrounded by a buttery biscuit crust. The sriracha is optional because it is a 7th contest ingredient, it does tie in well with the Swiss cheese and basil. I wanted to add sun-dried tomatoes but I didn't have any on hand- if you would like to add about 2tbsp of them minced to the quiche, I don't mind. Alternatively, diced fresh tomatoes might be nice sprinkled on top. I also thought of mixing the cooked sausage and onion into the quiche mix. There's just not enough time to try all of the variations but I don't mind if you do. :D.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39 g Italian sausage, ground (mild or hot)
- 59.14 ml sweet onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 226.79 g neufchatel cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 29.58 ml half-and-half
- 177.44 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 4.92-9.85 ml hot chili sauce, sriracha (optional if you like heat)
- 340.19 g can Pillsbury Golden Layers refrigerated flaky original biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease 10 muffin cups.
- 2Break up Italian sausage into small crumbles and brown with onion in a frying pan. Add garlic the last couple minutes of cooking time. Dab up as much grease as you can with paper towels.
- 3In a medium bowl, cream neufchatel. Beat in eggs and half and half.
- 4Stir in Swiss cheese, basil and sriracha, if using.
- 5Place one biscuit in each of the 10 greased muffin cups and press them so that they are molded to the whole cup.
- 6Spoon about 1tbsp of the sausage mixture into each crust.
- 7Top with quiche mix.
- 8Bake for 20-25 minutes until the quiche is set.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Quiche Cups
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 559.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g