Recipe by Steve_La Mirada
I developed this recipe as I was reviewing many other meatball recipes. The spices in the sweet Italian sausage give it the extra kick. These meatballs can be frozen for use later. Or used immediately in your favorite sauce. These are also a great appetizer with dipping sauce.
- 2 lbs sweet Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- olive oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together throughly.
- Using the palm of your hands. Roll into a ball shape. About one inch diameter.
- Place oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place meatballs in hot oils.
- Move them around continuously to ensure that they do not burn, and are throughly cooked.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes (golden brown).
- Remove from oil and sit on paper towel to absorb any oil.
- Add to your favorite sauce.