Recipe by Lorac
This peasant style dish is another favorite from "The North End Italian Cookbook". It brings back memories of the wonderful restaurants in Boston's north end Italian neighborhoods.
Top Review by gailanng
These sausages reminded of something...a spanx. I tried one on and I looked like a sausage roll. Didn't make me look as shapely, either, just squeezed me OUT of shape. Welllll know thyself or not, as I always like to say. Great one-pot dish.
- 2 lbs sweet all pork Italian sausages
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 large potatoes, peeled,thickly sliced and wiped dry
- 6 -8 mild vinegar pickled peppers or 6 -8 hot vinegar pickled hot peppers
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil and sausages to a large heavy skillet.
- Fry over medium heat until sausages are cooked through and well browned, remove with a slotted spoon.
- Increase heat to high, add potatoes and fry, turning often, until crispy and tender.
- Return sausage to the pan and heat through.
- Add vinegar peppers by tearing into small pieces over the pan so juices fall on the potatoes and sausage.
- Cook 3 minutes more, season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes before serving.