Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty, reasonably quick dish to prepare. We always had this as a side dish with roasted chicken. (Posted in reply to message board)
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut into pieces (can substitute 1/2 of one 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes, drained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Parboil potatoes about 15 minutes, drain, peel, and cut into thin slices.
- In large skillet, lightly brown garlic in oil.
- Remove garlic from pan, add tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cook tomatoes about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced potatoes to tomato mixture, and cook about 10 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
Easy & Tasty way to serve potatoes. As a garnish I sprinkled with finely chopped parsley mainly for the colour combination:)