Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I just kind of thought up this recipe one day. I wanted to make something different that my picky bf would eat. I tried this out and it came out pretty good!
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 1 packet Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (It'd probably be better if you used olive oil, but vegetable is what I had on hand.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into approximately 1-1 1/2" cubes.
- Place in plastic zip top bag along with 1/4 cup oil.
- Toss potatoes to coat evenly with oil.
- Pour dry italian dressing mix in with potatoes and oil, zip top and toss to coat evenly with dressing.
- Place in 9x13" baking dish and spread out potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
This was very good, my fussy 10 yr. old even asked for 2nds! I was concerned that it wasn't stated to turn the potatoes half way through for even browning, but really good, the bottom had a great bottom brown crust and the top was nice and tender, nice job SHIMMERYSUMMERSUN! I did use olive oil, as you recommended