1/7 Photos of Italian Pot Roast for the Crock Pot
6 hrs 15 mins
This is one of our favorite pot roast recipes! I serve it over egg noodles. I found this recipe in Southern Living February 2005 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fresh sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- cooked egg noodles
- 1Place mushrooms and onion in the bottom of a 5 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- 2Sprinkle roast evenly with pepper. Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place roast on top of mushrooms and onions in slow cooker. Sprinkle onion soup mix evenly over roast. Pour beef broth and tomato sauce over roast. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- 3Remove the roast from the slow cooker and cut into large chunks; keep warm.
- 4Skim fat from juices in slow cooker; stir in dried Italian seasoning and tomato paste. Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl until smooth; add to juices in slow cooker, stirring until blended. Cover and cook on high 20 to 30 more minutes or until mixture is thickened. Add roast pieces back to slow cooker. Cover and cook until thoroughly heated.
- 5Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pot Roast for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.2
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.3 mg
- Sodium 1270.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning