Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This homey casserole contains all the great pasta dish ingredients - marinara sauce, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, pepperoni, and lots of cheese.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup quartered thinly sliced onion
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni or 3 ounces turkey, canadian styled bacon cut up
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups marina pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Lightly coat a 2 quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well, return to sauce pan.
- In a large skillet cook mushrooms, onions, sweet peppers, pepperoni and garlic in hot oil for 5 minutes. Add veggie mixture and marinara sauce to pasta; toss to coat. Spread mixture in baking pan.
- Bake covered, in a 350 degree oven about 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.