1/1 Photo of Italian Pasta Salad
This is a delicious salad that has lovely colors, for a nice presentation line the serving bowl with whole lettuce leaves, plan ahead the pasta/veggie and Italian dressing mixture needs to chill for at least 6 hours --- the amounts I have listed are just a guideline you may adjust to taste, if you are serving a crowd I would suggest to double.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cups dry spiral shaped pasta
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (or use one 10-ounce can small whole mushrooms, very well drained)
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 -4 green onions, chopped (or use chopped red onion)
- 1 1/2 cups prepared Italian salad dressing
- 3/4-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups finely cubed ham
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced olives (choice of black or green)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional and to taste)
- 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges (or sliced)
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse the cooked pasta under cold water; drain again then place the cooked pasta into large a bowl.
- 2Add in tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers and green onion or red onion and Italian salad dressing; toss to mix then cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight mixing a few times during chilling (the Italian dressing acts as a marinade).
- 3After 6-24 hours chilling time drain any excess water or juice from the tomatoes and mushrooms that has accumulated in the bottom of the bowl (there might be no juice at all).
- 4Add in the cubed mozzarella cheese, ham and olives; toss with a spoon.
- 5In a small bowl whisk together the with mayonnaise and parmesan cheese until smooth and combined; add into the salad mixture; toss to combine.
- 6Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if desired (to taste) .
- 7Transfer to a lettuce-lined bowl.
- 8Place the egg wedges around the bowl.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.1
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.5 mg
- Sodium 1155.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: