Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I never could make meatloaf before. It just tasted so blah to me until I found this recipe and modified it a little. DH says its the best meatloaf he has ever had. It is very moist and tasty. We like it best the next day for sandwiches!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups eggs
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (*)
- 1⁄2 envelope grated parmesan cheese (Kraft is fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Combine 3/4 of tomato sauce with rest of ingredients form into a loaf and place in loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350º oven for 1 hour.
- Pour rest of tomato sauce over top and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Drain grease and serve.
- *Tomake fresh bread crumbs: Place a couple slices of torn white day old bread in food processor and pulse until you have crumbs.
Pretty good! I forgot about the cheese and used 15 oz. Hunts four cheese spaghetti sauce. I also put bacon on top of the meatloaf. Baked it longer and did not put the sauce on for the 10 min. Instead we sliced the meatloaf and added the sauce on top of the slice with Parmesan cheese. Yum! Everyone liked it!
1st meatloaf ever, everyone enjoyed it. I needed two 6 x 9 deep pans to cook it, much more than 4 servings. Also, how much grated cheese? amount not shown. Overall I am thrilled, as a person suddenly forced to cook for the first time in 24 years, to find this and have it work out so well. Cooking a 2nd batch now, a week later. (now, if my brownies had only worked out...) thanks for taking the time to share this with me. If a new guy can make this, it had to be easy to do. dave firstname.lastname@example.org