Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The classic dish: Meatloaf... with an Italian twist.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the chopped onions and garlic, bread crumbs, the spaghetti sauce, the cheese, the egg and all the seasonings.
- Basically combine all ingredients except the beef in a large bowl. (reserving the remaining 1/4 cup sauce and 1/4 cheese for toppings).
- Add ground beef a little at a time, breaking it up as you put it in a the bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Combine beef and ingredients, be careful not to over mix, just combine enough to form a loaf.
- Place loaf in a glass baking dish. Pour any additional sauce over the middle of the loaf and top with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Wait 10 minutes before cutting.
Smells great when you baking it. Seems really moist. I didn't get any of it though, but I feed 2 grown men who had just moved furniture with it and they loved it! They had 2 servings each!