Recipe by Teresa Fadley
This recipe is a welcome break from the same old Meatloaf recipe. My mother made a recipe book of her favorite recipes, and this was one of them. Very good and economical.
Top Review by hepcat1
I thought this was a darn good meatloaf! We paired it with a side of spaghetti and it was the perfect size meal. Next time I will try to add some Italian seasonings to the meat mixture itself. Another idea was to add a layer of sauce and cheese between two layers of meat, and still have the cheese layer on the top. Of course, it was delicious just as is, too. A great meatloaf recipe - thanks!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat, onion, crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Eggs, and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Pour off grease drippings.
- Combine Tomato Sauce& Oregano.
- Pour over Meatloaf.
- Top Meatloaf with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes.