Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from an old cookbook. I eliminated some things & added others. It's a change of pace and taste from other macaroni salads
- 1 lb shell macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 very ripe tomatoes, seeded
- 1 medium red onion (less if you like)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper, seeded
- 1 shallot, minced (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (your choice)
- salt & pepper
- Cook macaroni, drain & rinse with cold water.
- Toss with 1 Tbl. olive oil.
- Seed tomatoes & chop fine.
- Chop onion and peppers into 1/4 inches pieces.
- Combine shallot, mayo, soy sauce & vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn into a bowl and chill well.
never heard of an Italian using soy sauce!! That's a no no in this cooking issue