Recipe by Diana109
This macaroni salad is ideal for picnics and pot luck dinners. No refrigeration required since there is no mayonnaise. Great for large groups.
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium onions, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 lb macaroni
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 pimientos, cut
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweet relish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in salt water for 8 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together, reserve one cup and pour the rest over macaroni.
- Refrigerate for six to eight hours.
- To the reserved cup of mixture add 2 chopped green peppers, 2 cut pimentos, and 2 or 3 Tbs. of sweet relish. Add this to the salad before serving.