Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Be prepared to be whisked away to the summer streets of Chicago. From Jeff Mauro, Sandwich King, episode, Chicago Street Food. Allow time for the ice cubes to freeze.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole lemon, peel of, pith removed (white part removed)
- Combine the sugar with 3 cups of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into 3 ice cube trays and set aside to cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Place the trays in the freezer to harden, 4 to 8 hours depending on your freezer.
- When ready to serve, add the ice cubes and the lemon peel to a food processor and pulse until the ice is fluffy and broken down.
- Serve with a straw and a spoon.
Wonderful,refreshing treat! I will make this again and again! Thanks for sharing, made for PRMR 2013