Recipe by loof
From the Junior League of North Harris County TX, a hearty and delicious soup.
Top Review by nochlo
This soup is very thick and creamy. Very good flavor that is different. At first looking at it I didn't think we would really like but it came out really good and everyone ate some!!! We enjoyed. Thanks
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice both kinds of sausage. Combine with 1/4 cup water in a large saucepan. Simmer, covered, 4 minutes. Drain.
- Brown the sausage in the saucepan. Remove, discard drippings, and wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Slice the potatoes thinly. Cut the red and green peppers into thin strips. Chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in the saucepan. Saute the potatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, oregano, and rosemary in hot oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, tomato paste, 1/4 cup water, and sausage. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls and top with green onion, parmesan cheese, and croutons.