Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Everyone loves hot fudge sundaes. The sweetened almond cream is divine, I would suggest using the Amaretto! And since Amaretto is liquid love... this recipe is perfect for your valentine! You can substitute gelato for ice cream. Recipe adapted from the Food Network.
- 1 2⁄3 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Amaretto
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- maraschino cherry, garnish
- Bring 2/3 cup of cream and espresso to a simmer. Remove from burner and add chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Beat remaining cup of cream. Add powdered sugar (a tablespoon at a time), and almond extract or amaretto in a mixing bowl and beat until peaks form.
- Scoop the ice cream into sundae dishes.
- Top with chocolate sauce, whipped almond cream, and nuts. Garnish with cherry.
This is a delicious sundae - perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing this keeper which we wil be having again soon!