1 hr 45 mins
This is my mother's recipe that won the Blue Ribbon at the Iowa State Fair.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the milk over medium low heat.
- 2Add sugar, salt, butter, onions, garlic powder and Italian seasoning; cool to lukewarm.
- 3Dissolve yeast in water, combine with milk mixture and cheese, stir in flour to make a soft dough.
- 4Grease a cast iron skillet with butter and place dough in skillet; cover with waxed paper and a towel. Let rise until doubled (about 45 min).
- 5Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until done.
- 6Brush with butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-Herb Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 277.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: