3 hrs 20 mins
mums the word's Note:
All the colours of the Italian flag come together in this beautiful salad. This is great for potluck dinners and summer barbecues. This recipe was passed on to me from my sister's sister-in-law.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, diced and undrained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 450 g penne pasta
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 small zucchini, unpeeled and shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1In large bowl, mix the undrained tomatoes, oil, parsley, basil, salt and garlic.
- 2Let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- 3Cook pasta and drain but do not rinse.
- 4While pasta is still warm, toss in mozzarella cheese and it will partially melt.
- 5Add zucchini and tomato mixture and stir gently.
- 6Add feta cheese and black olives, if using.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Refrigerate at least 3 hours to chill and allow flavours to blend.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Flag Zucchini Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.9
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 478.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g