Pasta Bandiera - Italian Flag Pasta Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb ziti pasta
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted (or more, to taste)
- 2 -3 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- black pepper
- 10 -12 leaves fresh basil, julienned
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta's cooking, mix next four ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add cooked pasta; toss so pasta is thoroughly coated with oil and tomatoes are distributed evenly.
- Sprinkle with black pepper to taste and shreds of basil and toss again.
- Crumble feta on top.
- Toss again just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!