Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on a bag of Imperial Sugar. I made it and it was awesome!! Posted it here so that I will not lose it!!
- Mix buttermilk and soda, let stand for a few minutes.
- Cream together sugar, butter and shortening. Add egg yolks one at a time, beat well.
- Add milk mix to flour mix, alternately, a little at a time.
- Add vanilla, nuts and coconut. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg white until stiff. Carefully fold into batter.
- Pour into well greased 9" cake pans and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on racks. When cool frost with cream cheese icing*.
- *Cream cheese icing:
- Cream together 1 stick of butter and 8 oz. cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add 1 pound of powdered sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla, beat well.