Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 lb orange roughy or 1 lb other firm white fish fillet
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1 (10 ounce) canwhole clams, drained
- In large saucepan, heat oil; add garlic, onion, celery, green pepper and parsley.
- Stir occasionally, cooking until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, vegetable-juice cocktail, salt, pepper, basil, pepper sauce and coriander.
- Simmer, covered, for 11/2 hours.
- Add dry white wine and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add orange roughy, scallops, shrimp, crabmeat and clams and cook for an additional 20 minutes.