Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very flavorable soup.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) jarchopped of sliced pimientos, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- Coat a large pot with Pam and add olive oil.
- Heat over medium heat until the oil is hot.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook until tender, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook, breaking up with a spoon until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Pour off any fat.
- Stir in the stewed tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, pimento, Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the pasta and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and cook until the pasta is tender, around 15 minutes.