Audrey M's Note:
A very flavorable soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped of sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- 1Coat a large pot with Pam and add olive oil.
- 2Heat over medium heat until the oil is hot.
- 3Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook until tender, around 4-5 minutes.
- 4Add the chicken and cook, breaking up with a spoon until the chicken is no longer pink.
- 5Pour off any fat.
- 6Stir in the stewed tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, pimento, Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 7Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 8Add the pasta and return to a boil.
- 9Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and cook until the pasta is tender, around 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 254.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium stewed tomatoes
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth