Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
- 10 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken (from about 3 purchased roasted whole chickens)
- 2 cups roasted red and yellow bell peppers, drained, patted dry, and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups paper-thin slices red onions
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup drained capers
1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar and oil salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 24 butter lettuce leaves (from about 3 large heads)
- 4 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler
- Toss the chicken, bell peppers, onion, parsley, almonds, and capers in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Season the chicken salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange 1 large lettuce cup and 1 small lettuce cup on each plate, overlapping slightly. Spoon the chicken salad into the lettuce cups. Drizzle more vinaigrette over the salads. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.
- Do-Ahead Tip: The chicken salad can be prepared 4 hours ahead and refrigerated. Just before serving, spoon the salad into the lettuce cups.
- Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually add the oil and blend until emulsified.
- Yield: 1 3/4 cups.