Chef #583577's Note:
This recipe originally came off of either the back of a box of minute rice or the back of a can of green beans - I can't recall which! I have adapted it to my tastes. For me it is a quick easy weeknight meal that is even better as leftovers! I also love that it is a one-dish meal for easy clean-up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into cubes and put into a large, deep skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and heated on medium high.
- 2Cook chicken until it is no longer pink.
- 3Stir in broth and undrained tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in rice, seasonings and drained green beans and reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 6Remove from heat and let stand, covered for 3 more minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 805.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 34.1 g