Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe originally came off of either the back of a box of minute rice or the back of a can of green beans - I can't recall which! I have adapted it to my tastes. For me it is a quick easy weeknight meal that is even better as leftovers! I also love that it is a one-dish meal for easy clean-up!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups instant rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into cubes and put into a large, deep skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and heated on medium high.
- Cook chicken until it is no longer pink.
- Stir in broth and undrained tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, seasonings and drained green beans and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered for 3 more minutes before serving.
My family loves this, but I've found there isn't nearly enough liquid for the rice. I have to add a substantial amount for it to come out anywhere near soft. Other than that, it's a good recipe. I'd just add another can of chicken broth/water and maybe not drain the green beans.