Italian Chicken and Rice
Quick one pot meal, great all year round.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package chicken tenders (skinless)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 cup extra- sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- I use the eye and palm method of measuring my herbs. So the above measurements are estimated.
- Shred cheese and set aside. I use 1/2 the brick. Cover or it will get hard.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- I use either the tenders or 2 boneless skinless breast. depends on what's in the freezer.
- In large skillet (w/lid) add broth, tomatoes w/juice, crumble Italian seasoning in fingers as you add to broth and garlic powder based on if you like garlic -- hehehe. I start w/ just a small palm full. Bring broth to low boil. Stir in rice and chicken.
- Reduce heat to low simmer and cover. set timer for 20 minute.
- Stir in cheese and serve hot -- or warm.
- This is one of my partners favorites, and I always add more garlic for him --.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION