Greek Chicken and Rice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat and add chicken.
- Brown on all sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and tomato and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Stir in oregano and lemon juice.
- Add rice and stir well to combine and coat all grains of rice.
- Add chicken stock, stir and return chicken to pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until all surface liquid has been absorbed.
- Cover, turn heat to very low and cook 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to keep rice from burning or sticking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!