Recipe by Bec
This is a recipe that my dad received from a friend at work. He made it the other day and everyone loved it. I hope you do too!
Top Review by annlouise
This meal has high potential, but needs tweaking. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I had to substitute white wine vinegar for the wine, and only used 3 chicken breasts. I found the sauce to be very, very rich, yet too bland, and the chicken too salty. Maybe need to put half of the chicken mixture's salt into the sauce? Also, the chicken did not brown in 30 minutes, and just started to on some pieces after about 15 min. sitting in the off but still-warm oven. Maybe use a slightly higher heat? Also, it seemed that I had way too much liquid mixture, but not enough flour mixture, when preparing the chicken. Yet I liked the different cheese combo than the usual all-parmesan alfredo recipe.
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion or 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chives
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon schilling italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce: Heat the whipping cream, garlic powder, oregano, dehydrated onion, and white wine to a near boil.
- Add the dry chives, the shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and the parmesan cheeses.
- Set aside- The sauce will thicken as it cools, so make it a little thin.
- For the Italian chicken: Mix the 1/2 inch chicken strips with the egg, milk, and olive oil in a medium sized bowl.
- For the breading: In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, italian seasoning, garlic, and onion powder.
- Dip the chicken strips in the sauce and then roll them in the breading mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees until brown and crisp, approximately 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over warm fettucini noodles.